- What is a stereotype? The irrational unfounded feeling toward a particular group based on their differences
- What is prejudice? When a person attributes their group assessment to an individual in that group.
- What is unconscious bias? Deeply seated stereotypes and prejudices that can be displayed through words or actions.
- How do micro-aggressions work? It is actions or words that have a negative impression on the target, i.e. I’m a Black female and a White person tells me “I don’t sound black.”
- What goes into active listening? Repeating, paraphrasing, head nods, lean in, and much more during a conversation.
- When someone is offended by what you say how do you fix it? Acknowledge the offense, apologize, and ask the person why they were offended so you learn.
- What is the difference between race and ethnicity? Race refers to color. Ethnicity is cultural background and defines who you are.